Leadership is not what you know or who you know, but how you transfer what you know into the hearts & minds of who you know. – @mikemyatt
- Principal Class Performance and Development (Sergiovanni synopsis)
- SCHOOL LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK – the Performance Standards, Capabilities combined with the Sergiovanni model
- Coach, Assistant Principal or Leading Teacher Performance Development Proforma
- Performance and Development Proforma
- Home of iLead Educational page : Information and links to the Developmental Learning Framework For School Leaders. It has a link to a survey to self-assess in the areas of Cultural, Human, Educational, Symbolic and Technical Leadership Domains. The website also provides information about how these Leadership Domains look in Effective Schools. It is only available to teachers in the Victorian Education system, as you need your TO Number and Password (Edumail password) to log in.
- The Developmental Learning Framework For School Leaders Booklet: This booklet provides a raft of information to the different Leadership Domains. View it online or print it off for a hard copy reference.
- Quick Reference to the Leadership Programs offered by the Victorian Department of Education
- 14 Principal’s Principles http://bit.ly/bU7qRa
- Take Five Archive: Short sharp leadership ideas for Principals http://www.educationworld.com/a_admin/archives/takefive.shtml
- How to create great Public Relations with community, families and parents: Ideas for principals or teachers http://bit.ly/c6D6hq
- What is an e-pioneer? http://www.e4africa.co.za/?page_id=2059
- Starfish and spider: The unstoppable power of leaderless organizations http://www.starfishandspider.com/preview/index.html
- Breaking out of silos http://ow.ly/1Bcid
- Leadership styles from SimplyBox http://simplybox.com/public/item/?id=86414
- Loved reading “The Secret Responsibilites of a Leader” by @mjasmus http://bit.ly/46Bno
- Leadership slides for various models http://rapidbi.com/created/managementmodels.html
Ten great sites for Leadership Videos http://www.greatleadershipbydan.com/2009/09/10-free-leadership-video-sites.html
Leadership through lifelong learning http://mountainstate.typepad.com/leadership/2009/09/leadership-principles-series-leading-self-with-character-lifelong-learning-.html
Learning Theory for Coaches: Power Point and video: http://scou4.edublogs.org/files/2008/10/coacheslearningtheory-prs-v100-20080318.ppt
‘In a storm, the only safe ship is leadership.’
Other Leadership in Schools: Professional Readings
- Successful Change Begins With Results
- Leading Learning Change Video: http://www.nytimesknownow.com/professional-development/education/leading-change-SP09.html
- What is servant leadership: http://www.leadersdirect.com/servant.html
- Empowering Leaders: Hand over your keys: http://mountainstate.typepad.com/leadership/2009/07/empowering-leaders-letting-them-drive-.html
- Leadership in a multi-cultural society: http://gbr.pepperdine.edu/024/multi-cultural.html
- Powerful goals=Dreams with deadlines: http://leaderdynamics.blogspot.com/2009/07/setting-and-achieving-more-powerful.html#comments
- Big Dog Leadership Bites http://www.nwlink.com/~donclark/leader/leader.html
- TED talks: A spreadsheet: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pjGlYH-8AK8ffDa6o2bYlXg&gid=0
- Scottish curriculum for excellence: http://www.curriculumforexcellence.org.uk/
- Leadership styles PowerPoint http://unpan1.un.org/intradoc/groups/public/documents/UNSSC/UNPAN024982.pdf
- NASA Leadership Model http://www.leadership.nasa.gov/Model/Overview.htm
- Situational Leadership http://www.chimaeraconsulting.com/sitleader.htm
- Fantastic list of resources as well as leadership/manager test http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/awc-ldrt.htm, self test here http://www.schulersolutions.com/leadership_self_test.html
- Leadership Quotes http://www.nwlink.com/~donclark/leader/leadqot.html
- Leadership for Developing countries http://www.slideshare.net/drsidneyokolo/leadership-model-for-developing-countries-presentation
International Innovations in Higher Education http://ici9.oum.edu.my/
Leadership Lessons (some fun)
- Something I got in an e-mail…I don’t know who the author is.
A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing up her shower, when the doorbell rings. The wife quickly wraps herself in a towel and runs
When she opens the door, there stands Bob, the next-door
neighbour. Before she says a word, Bob says, ‘I’ll give you $800 to
drop that towel.’ After thinking for a moment, the woman drops her towel
and stands naked in front of Bob, after a few seconds, Bob hands her
$800 and leaves. The woman wraps back up in the towel and goes back
upstairs. When she gets to the bathroom, her husband asks, ‘Who
was that?’ ‘It was Bob the next door neighbour,’ she replies. ’Great,’ the husband says, ‘did he say anything about the $800 he owes me?’
and risk with your shareholders in time, you may be in a position to
prevent avoidable exposure.
reveal a leg. The priest nearly had an accident.
up her leg. The nun said, ‘Father, remember Psalm 129?’
his hand slide up her leg again. The nun once again said, ‘Father, remember Psalm 129?’
on her way. On his arrival at the church, the priest rushed to look
up Psalm 129. It said, ‘Go forth and seek, further up, you will find
If you are not well informed in your job, you might miss
a great opportunity.
A sales rep, an administration clerk, and the manager
are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp.
Puff! She’s gone.
Always let your boss have the first say.
sit like you and do nothing?’ The eagle answered: ‘Sure, why not.’
So, the rabbit sat on the ground below the eagle and rested. All of a sudden, a fox appeared, jumped on the rabbit and ate it.
Moral of the story:
To be sitting and doing nothing, you must be sitting very, very high up.
A turkey was chatting with a bull. ‘I would love to be able to get to the top of that tree’ sighed the turkey, ‘but I haven’t got the energy.’
‘Well, why don’t you nibble on some of my droppings?’ replied the bull. They’re packed with nutrients.’
The turkey pecked at a lump of dung, and found it actually gave him enough strength to reach the lowest branch of the tree.
The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch.
Finally after a fourth night, the turkey was proudly perched at the top of the tree.
He was promptly spotted by a farmer, who shot him out of the tree.
Moral of the story:
Bull Shit might get you to the top, but it won’t keep you there..
A little bird was flying south for the winter. It was so cold the bird froze and fell to the ground into a large field. While he was lying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on him.
As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of cow dung, he began to realize how warm he was. The dung was actually thawing him out!
He lay there all warm and happy, and soon began to sing for joy. A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate. Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung, and promptly dug him out and ate him.
Morals of the story:
(1) Not everyone who shits on you is your enemy.
(2) Not everyone who gets you out of shit is your
(3) And when you’re in deep shit, it’s best to keep
your mouth shut!