How to Copyright anything:
There’s only one correct way to copyright something – it’s “© YEAR Company_Name.” If the presentation contains multiple years of work, then you should include both the first year of copyrightable material to current day (e.g. © 2002-2004 Company_Name).
Test your knowledge:
- Copyright Issues Quiz: http://cuip.uchicago.edu/wit/2000/curriculum/homeroommodules/copyright/copyrightquiz/copyrighttest.htm
- Search engine that lets you know where a picture comes from: http://tineye.com/
- Doc Cop new tool to test for authenticity http://www.universityworldnews.com/article.php?story=20090717092232364
- Plagiarism Checker http://www.plagiarismchecker.com/
- Downloadable and printable resources http://school.discoveryeducation.com/schrockguide/referenc.html#copyright
- PowerPoint Copyright issues: http://www.unimelb.edu.au/copyright/information/eduse/ppt.html
- Copyright Law PowerPoint presentation: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/487067/copyright_law_power_point_presentation/
- Fair Use Brochure: http://www.cetus.org/fairindex.html
- YouTube Copyright: Issues in Class http://www.jamiekeddie.com/669
- Copyright Notice: http://www.cetus.org/fair0.html
- Stanford Fair Use Site: http://fairuse.stanford.edu/
- Association of Research Libraries: http://arl.cni.org/info/frn/copy/timeline.html
- PBS Copyright Resource (Video use): http://www.pbs.org/teachers/
- Some tips on plagiarism and using quotes: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/
- The site mentioned above’s Fair Use statement: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/551/01/
- When do work pass into the public domain? http://www.unc.edu/~unclng/public-d.htm
- E-Texts: http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page
- Software: Buy one copy, install one copy. If you install it on home and work computer, you are not allowed to use the two installations at the same time. Buy multiple copies or a site licence for more than just personal use.
- If in doubt, read which rights are granted or not on any software, CD’s with photos and music, movies etc.
- Hong Kong: Slideshow with some valuable tips: http://www.ipd.gov.hk/eng/pub_press/speeches/Copyright.pdf