These days, many teachers are sharing their resources via their blogs. In many cases, the resources are shared for free, or for a minimal fee (see TeachersPayTeachers). Here is how you could add a Paypal button to most blogs, to request small donations for the resources you share (note: This does not work for the free WordPress blogs – yet.)
How To Add A PayPal Donation Button To Your Blog
In order to add a PayPal donation button to your blog, first you need to have a PayPal account. If you don’t already have a PayPal account, you can sign up for a free PayPal account here.
Follow this step by step guide to add your PayPal donation button:
1. Login into your PayPal account with your PayPal email address and password.
2. Click on Merchant Services tab on the Top Menu.
3. Scroll down to the “PayPal Website Payments Standard” section. You will see a Donations link under the “Key Features”.
4. Click on the Donations link and you will be directed to a page where you will be asked to fill in some information.
5. You can customize your button’s appearance by clicking on the Customize text or appearance link.
6. Once done, click on the Create Button link.
7. You will then be directed to a page that says “You’ve created your button” with some HTML code. Copy the HTML code.
8. Next, sign in to your Blogger account. Click on the Design link on your Dashboard.
10. Paste the HTML code that you have copied from your PayPal account and click SAVE.
You can now check to see if the PayPal Donation Button appears on your blog. You can display the button wherever you want on your blog.